Order of Knights of the Cross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of Knights of the Cross

Homepage of the Order of Knights of the Cross

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 am

The Grand Chancellor, Sir Son III, has brought to my attention the need for three things at this stage of the Order:

1. A physical Chapter House to act as the World Headquarters of the Order and to provide a mailing address for physical letters to be sent to and received from.

2. A means of obtaining money, a budget for said money, and something to focus spending on.

3. The need for more members and the advertisement capabilities required to accomplish such recruitment.

As you may notice, these three factors are intertwined with one another. The Chapter House, which Sir Son has graciously provided a possible location for, would allow for physical letters to be sent and received by the Order. These letters could be invitations for more members to join, for example. Sir Son has also suggested that donations be the basis for our income at this point. Obviously we cannot force members to pay dues, as this would be detrimental to our organization's goals. Sir Son has also generously decided to make the first donation to the Order, and has suggested that the current budget be set at US$300. We have discussed setting up a PayPal account and purchasing complimentary custom-made polo shirts for the current members. Some of this money could also be directed at advertising, perhaps via an informative brochure that could be distributed or something along the lines of posters and bumper stickers (personally I prefer car magnets Wink ). This is all hypothetical, of course, and is totally open to suggestion.

What say the Brethren?
Back to top Go down
http://okofthecross.roflforum.net
Son III
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:49 pm

I suggest we set up a committee to determine how to obtain, maintain, and spend funds. This should be headed by the Seneschal, and it should have an expiration date; perhaps that should be contingent on filing the Grand Chapter?

Anyway, my offers still stand on the physical location and facilities, so... whenever we want to go ahead with that, we can.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 am

A committee is a splendid idea! Very Happy And of course the Seneschal will be given charge of it Smile I'm not exactly sure what you mean about "contingent on filling the Grand Chapter". Could you clarify?
Back to top Go down
Son III
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I meant that the expiration of the committee, which will be set up by executive order, should either expire or be reassessed when the Grand Chapter has full occupancy and is operational.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:42 pm

I see. This sounds like an excellent plan Cool It will be up to the Seneschal (yes Ignatius, I mean you Razz ) to get this idea off the ground. Good luck, Sir Seneschal! Very Happy

Meanwhile, what are the specifics of the Chapter House? Does it need renovation? How soon can we get the mailing address? Can you provide us with photographs?
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:18 am

I. I think that it should be called a "commission", not a "committee". It should have the full title "Commission on Pecuniary Affairs" (pecunia = money in Latin)

II. Is the Grand Master supposed to issue the document establishing the Commission, or am I supposed to do that? The Charter doesn't give the Grand Master any special powers to issue such document, and doen't prohibit the Seneschal from doing it either. I'd like to do it.

III. Should the Commission have a topic in the Grand Chapter, or should it get it's own "Commission on Pecuniary Affairs" sub-area in the Grand Chapter? It may be better to have just a topic, since the Commission is temporary in nature.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 am

I. I agree Smile

II. You may have the honor Smile

III. I also think it should just have its own topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks. I'll begin work on the document. Smile

Hey! I just thought of something! Since the Commission is under my oversight, maybe the Commission's topic should be in the "Office of the Seneschal" sub-forum. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Son III
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:48 pm

I think it should, Sir Ignatius IV; it is your department, it should be in your forum.

The Chapter house isn't, how should I put it... company clean. It would only take an hour or two to get it looking nice. I'll take some pictures tonight so you'll know what it looks like. It could easily "seat" six in double rows. The only major work that should be done is a re-shingling of the roof, which I could do in an hour's time.

We may use my address immediately:

Dylan J. Callahan
2633 Road G,
Americus, Kansas 66835
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 am

Here's what I've got:

II DECREE OF THE SENESCHAL
WHEREBY THE COMMISSION ON PECUNIARY AFFAIRS IS ESTABLISHED
By Sir Ignatius IV

Article I. Establishment
There is established a Commission under the direction of the Seneschal with the full title “Commission on Pecuniary Affairs”, herein referred to as “the Commission”.

Article II. Purpose
The purpose and goal of the Commission is to precisely determine effective means of acquisition, preservation and dispensation of pecuniary resources.

Article III. Membership
The Seneschal shall be Prefect of the Commission. Sir Jordan Brizendine and Sir Son III are appointed Members of the Commission.

Article IV. Meeting
The Commission’s meeting place, a forum topic, shall be in the Office of the Seneschal.

Article IV. Expiration
The provisions of this Decree shall expire when the Grand Chapter is fully operational in accord with Article III, Section I, Clause VII of the Charter.

Article VI. Promulgation
Let what I have decreed obtain the Force of Law immediately, and let this Decree be published in the Gazette, any provision to the contrary notwithstanding.

Given the Eleventh Day of July, in the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ Two-Thousand Eleven, and of the Order of Knights of the Cross Two.

SIR IGNATIUS IV
SENESCHAL
ORDER OF KNIGHTS OF THE CROSS

What does everyone think? Is this an acceptable founding document of the Commission?

Last edited by Ignatius IV on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Perfect, Sir Son! Just get it fixed up and it'll be great. And thanks for the address Smile

This looks good, Sir Ignatius, but why did you add this "Two"?:

"...and of the Order of Knights of the Cross Two."

Keep up the good work gentlemen afro
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm

1. In US legal documents, they often say "in the year of our Lord 1983, and of the united states 207", etc., referring to how many years the US has been around. I believe the Order was founded in 2010, so this would be our second year, hence the "two". We can delete it if you really want. Smile

2. I added "II DECREE OF THE SENESCHAL" because my first decree was my username change.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Ach, I see. Very well, carry on then Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment   Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter House, Budget, and Recruitment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order of Knights of the Cross :: Main Discussion Floor :: Grand Chapter-
Jump to: