Order of Knights of the Cross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of Knights of the Cross

Homepage of the Order of Knights of the Cross

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) Empty
PostSubject: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:17 pm

I think the rules and protocol for the Knights should be proposed here, voted on and, when we have enough of them, codified into one edition of Equestrian Statutes (or some other title).
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:32 pm

I propose a preliminary statute:

Unless the context indicates otherwise-
a. Words which implore the masculine or feminine gender include both;
b. Words which implore the singular include the plural;
c. Words which implore the plural include the singular.
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm

I propose an electoral statute

"No one can validly give a vote for his own self."

Everyone would vote for themselves if they could, so we should prevent that.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I agree with these proposals thus far Smile
Back to top Go down
http://okofthecross.roflforum.net
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 pm

I want to amend the II Statute to say "No one can validly nominate or give a vote for his own self."
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Of course, of course. Soon I will put these statutes together and in an accessible location Smile
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:42 am

I just realized we have no proper legislation that certifies anyone to present awards Embarassed As listed on this page, I believe the 5 main Order awards (Legion of God, Distinguished Service Award, Gold Cross, Honorable Conduct Award, and Humanitarian Service Citation) should be presented by the Grand Chapter. Since the Grand Chapter isn't currently operational, the executive Officials should have this power. Brotherhood awards, of course, don't apply here.

I also think the Officials, especially the Grand Master, should be free to create an award or two to recognize a member's service outside the authority of the Grand Chapter (something like a "Grand Magisterial Commendation"). Sir Ignatius, would you care to write something up dealing with this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)   Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion of Statutes (rules & protocol)
Page 1 of 1