Order of Knights of the Cross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of Knights of the Cross

Homepage of the Order of Knights of the Cross

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Merits and Display Protocol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

Merits and Display Protocol Empty
PostSubject: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I present the following Order merits and their suggested ribbons, in descending order, for consideration:

Merits and Display Protocol Logii
Legion of God – Awarded for: Meritorious service or actions above and beyond the call of duty while in the service of the Order

Merits and Display Protocol Dsag
Distinguished Service Award – Awarded for: The performance of a great act of service or action benefiting the Order but not warranting the honor of the Legion of God

Merits and Display Protocol 17173366
Gold Cross – Awarded for: Especially meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements

Merits and Display Protocol Hca
Honorable Conduct Award – Awarded to: Order members who have completed at least one year in the Order with no infractions or punishments

Merits and Display Protocol Hscy
Humanitarian Service Citation – Awarded for: Direct participation in an Order operation of a humanitarian nature or the performance of an act of service to mankind

Also, I propose that the protocol be to display ribbons in centered rows of three with the first row being, from left to right, rank, position of responsibility (if any), and highest award. Subsequent awards would be displayed in subsequent rows in the order of precedence. For example:

Merits and Display Protocol RibboniiofficerMerits and Display Protocol RibbonicgrandchapterMerits and Display Protocol 17173366
Merits and Display Protocol Hca

In this manner it is very easy to tell that the person in question is an Officer, a member of the Grand Chapter, and has received the Gold Cross at first glance.

In addition, to emphasize the humility of members of the Order, it should be forbidden for members to display any Order ribbons outside of the Order or to display any ribbons received from an outside source in the Order.

What say the Brethren?
Back to top Go down
http://okofthecross.roflforum.net
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I like the award designs, the order in which one should display them, and I especially like that no one can be a show-off.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks again Smile Might I say that you have impeccable taste? Cool
Back to top Go down
Son III
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 pm

I whole-heartedly concur with the implementation of these awards and the stipulations surrounding them.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:18 pm

As with the Ranks and Responsibilities, there seems to be a simple majority in favor here. I'll write up an official post accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

I'd like to slightly alter the Humanitarian Service Citation, if that's alright with everyone:

Original:
Merits and Display Protocol Hscy

New:
Merits and Display Protocol Hscii

The reason for this is simply because I think the yellow contrasts better with the blue, and several of our ribbons already use the color gold.
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm

"Yea" (the difference is almost unnoticable)
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm

I know, but it's one of those things that just bugs you when you look at it and I didn't want to change it without letting you guys know first Smile

I also want to fix the Legion of God award:

Original:
Merits and Display Protocol Logii

New:
Merits and Display Protocol Logiii

Again, nothing big, just lightened the contrast a little to make it look better. I promise that's all the changing I'm gonna do (for now Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Son III
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Great, now you've ruined them... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:28 pm

cool!
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:33 pm

You need to update your signature, Sir Son, so I don't want any lip from you Razz
Back to top Go down
Ignatius IV
Knight
Knight
Ignatius IV

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:37 pm

About that: I had intended my Rescript (2011-1) to mean that members are allowed (but not required) to leave a space in between their ribbons, but if you want uniformity, that's fine too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fael57
Admin
Fael57

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 pm

I do like uniformity, thank you very much Razz I'm a stickler for things like that What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merits and Display Protocol   Merits and Display Protocol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merits and Display Protocol
Page 1 of 1